Q. Can someone else pick up my interlibrary loan items for me, on my behalf?
Yes, ASU students, faculty and staff may authorize another individual, as a “proxy”, to use their Library account to transact library business in their name.
Community card borrowers are not eligible for this service.
How to apply
To apply for a proxy card, print the application form or pick up a form at the Information & Check Out Desk at any campus library. Complete the form and return it to the Information & Check Out Desk: Application Form (pdf)
Conditions and agreements
It is important to remember the following conditions when requesting this service:
- The named individual has your permission to use your library account to transact library business in your name.
- You are responsible for all library materials checked out using your ASU Library account. This includes proper return to one of the ASU Library and any fines incurred.
- Proxies must present their own photo ID card and indicate that they are borrowing materials under Proxy at time of checkout.
- The status of all proxies is reviewed annually in May. Proxy status for all Teaching Assistants expires in May. To renew, submit a new form.
- You may give someone who is not a designated proxy permission to check out library materials with your ASU ID card. To do so, please have them present their own ID, your ASU ID and a signed, dated, written permission from you.
Please contact the Circulation Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-965-3605 with any questions.
More information: https://lib.asu.edu/access/proxy