Q. How do I get or renew my New York Times academic group pass?
New York Times (Academic Group Pass)
- This program is still active!
- Go to https://myaccount.nytimes.com/verification/edupass
- It will take you to a page create your account/pass.
- You MUST sign up while connecting through an ASU network!
- You MUST sign up with your asu.edu email address!
- Students get a pass until they graduate.
- Faculty and Staff get a 364 day pass. You must wait for it to expire before renewing for another 364 days.
- If you get an error message, switch to a different browser or clear your browser's cache!
- Here is another option.
- Go to: http://nytimesineducation.com/access-nyt/arizona-state-university-main-campus-tempe-az/
- It has an additional link plus a troubleshooting guide.
- Once activated, you can simply go online to the newyorktimes.com website and Log In with your asu.edu email address and password created for your New York Times pass.
- Yes, you can reach older issues, but it is not simple.
- You CAN use their search bar (upper left corner of their webpage), but until you are into the results, there is no way to limit to a date or date range!
- You CAN get to TIMES MACHINE for pdf scans of 1851-2002 articles, but you must go to:
- TOOLS & SERVICES
- TIMES MACHINE
- WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW YET….
- At this point in time, we do not know if you can sign up for or renew the Academic Pass from off campus!
Last Updated: Jul 09, 2018 Views: 46
Get in Touch!