Q. Can I get textbooks for my ASU classes from the library?
Some instructors place copies of textbooks on course reserve where the items may be checked out for limited periods of time as designated by the instructor. Check Course Reserves and ASU Library's One Search to see if we have a copy of the book you need.
Note: Textbooks for your ASU classes are not requestable through Interlibrary Loan.
To see if the ASU Library has a copy of your textbook:
- Check our Course Reserves: https://lib.asu.edu/access/reserves
- On the library home page: https://lib.asu.edu
- Change the dropdown from One Search to Course Reserves
- In the search bar, enter and search one of the following:
- Course number, such as: MAT271
- Instructor's last name
- Title of book, video, etc.
- You can also check ASU Library's One Search: https://lib.asu.edu/
- Another method is to search the ASU Library Catalog:
- Change the dropdown from One Search to ASU Library Catalog
- Enter any one of the following:
- ISBN number
- Title of the item
- Note: Place quotation marks around the title. This forces it to be searched as a phrase.
- Author of the item
- Then look through the list of items by that author.
Get in Touch!