Q. Does the library have a copy of the textbooks for my class? (Course reserves; Library catalog)
Generally, the ASU Library does not purchase textbooks used in ASU classes; however, some instructors place copies of textbooks on course reserve where the book may be checked out for limited periods of time designated by the instructor.
To see if the ASU Library has a copy of your textbook:
- Check the ASU Library course reserves at: http://library.lib.asu.edu/screens/reserves.html
- You can check by Instructor's last name
- Or by your course number, such as: MAT271
- Check the ASU Library catalog - http://library.lib.asu.edu/
- Note: The library does not usually purchase copies of your textbooks, but it is always good to see if we happen to have it!
- Here is how to get to the Catalog from the library home page:
- Go to the ASU Library home page: https://lib.asu.edu
- Click on the tab for Catalog
- Change the drop down to TITLE or ISBN number
- Enter the title or ISBN and search